Fans attending this year’s FIFA World Cup™ are encouraged to familiarize themselves with Qatar’s COVID-19 Travel & Return Policy
, which was updated by the Ministry of Public Health on 31 August 2022.
Below are the key points for international Hayya Card holders attending the tournament from 20 November to 18 December:
- Travelers are not required to submit a negative pre-arrival COVID-19 test before coming to Qatar
- People arriving in Qatar are not required to undergo quarantine, regardless of vaccination status or country or origin.
- Anyone who tests positive for COVID-19 while in Qatar will be required to isolate in accordance with Ministry of Public Health guidelines.
- Any individual who tests positive for COVID-19 while in Qatar must undergo a period self-isolation for five days, followed by a further five days wearing a mask when around other people. To self-isolate, the individual must stay in their accommodation – for example their home or hotel – in a room with no other people.
- Visitors are not required to take a COVID-19 test after arrival in Qatar.
- Qatar does not require any traveller to take a COVID-19 test before departing Qatar. However, travellers should check the requirements of their destination country and follow their specific COVID-19 travel requirements.
Fans should note that masks are mandatory in the following situations:
- Within healthcare facilities
Ehteraz health application:
- It is mandatory for all individuals to present the health status of the Ehteraz application when entering public and private healthcare facilities in Qatar.
Health information related to COVID-19 and respiratory diseases:
Respiratory diseases, such as the flu and COVID-19, can spread more easily during large gatherings or events such as the FIFA World Cup. To protect yourself we advise the following:
- Wear a mask when in closed spaces
- Keep windows open
- Keep a safe distance, whenever possible
- Reduce contact with people who show symptoms such as coughing or sneezing
- Cough/sneeze in your elbow. If you are using a tissue, make sure you properly dispose of used tissues immediately after use.
- Do not share eating and drinking utensils
- Keep your hands clean
- Get vaccinated against COVID-19 with all doses for which you are eligible.
Avoid gatherings or events if you’re feeling unwell or have any of the following symptoms:
- Sore throat
- Contact the closest health practitioner at the various available health points
Vaccines: COVID-19 and influenza vaccines are an effective safety measure against serious disease. Getting vaccinated protects you from hospitalization, serious disease and death.
- Take your vaccine shots before traveling.
- Do your part and advise persons traveling with you to get vaccinated too.